Policy for Greater
The Department of Planning are proposing a new Housing Diversity State Environmental Planning Policy (Housing Diversity SEPP). The proposed policy “aims to facilitate the delivery of diverse and affordable housing to meet the needs of the states growing population and support the development of a build-to-rent sector”. This link will take you to the Department’s document explaining the intent of the new Housing Diversity SEPP. The proposed SEPP will consolidate and update three existing SEPPs:
- Affordable Rental Housing
- Housing for Seniors and People with a disability
- Affordable Housing
- Build-To-Rent (BTR) Housing BTR housing is large scale, purpose built rental housing that is held in single ownership and professionally managed. High density development located in areas close to transport and services.
- Student Housing Under the current planning system, student accommodation does not have a separate definition and the Affordable Rental Housing SEPP is used to develop student accommodation.
- Co-Living A building held in single ownership that has at least 10 private rooms which may have private kitchen and/or bathroom facilities. Each private room may contain no more than two adults. The building also contains communal loving rooms and other shared facilities like kitchen, bathroom, and laundry.